Page 20 - enewsletter_11th_CESL_Asia
P. 20

WISDOM OF THE SEASON 智慧錦囊  Exploring the Art World with Mr. Francisco Ricarte
                                     跟著韋嘉達先生探索奇妙的藝術世界

                           Mr. Francisco Ricarte, apart from the well-known identity of architect and the Director of MPS, has another identity
                           that you may be surprised of. “Art Enthusiast” is the noun he uses to describe himself. His enthusiasm is noted in the
                           field of arts in Macau and is even noticed by the local arts magazine. With the following interview, let’s explore the art
                           world with Francisco.
                           韋嘉達先生,在建築師及MPS董事的身份背後,原來有一個令人意想不到的興趣。「藝術熱愛者」是他用
                           來形容自己在這一方面的身份,而他的熱愛在澳門藝術界已為人知曉,並受到本地藝術雜誌報導。接下
                           來,讓我們跟著韋嘉達先生探索奇妙的藝術世界。

          •	 Criteria for a good artwork?                                      •	 一件好的藝術作品應該包括甚麼元素?
          F: It needs to “say something to you”, being on the meaning          韋:好的藝術作品需要能夠「說話」,流露出作
          of the artwork, the way it was made or thought about, or even        品包含的意義、創作方式和構思,甚至藝術家的
          the purpose of the artist on doing it. For instance, a painting      創作目的。例如,當你欣賞一個畫作時,可以引
          may you wonder on a vast number of things done by the artist         發多方面的好奇(如形態、色彩、畫中的物件或
          (shape, colors, shown subjects/persons, etc.). But it also has an    人物等等)。但同時,作品需要影響觀賞者,令
          impact on you, makes you like it, gives you a feeling, or recog-     你喜愛,給你一種心有戚戚焉的感覺。簡言之,
          nition of something which you care. In brief, a good artwork         一件好的藝術作品應結合幾個重要元素:你對作
          should be the mix of your understanding of the artist’s effort       者創作力及創作目的的理解、作品的「說話能
          and purpose on creating it, its capability to tell you something,    力」,以及你對作品的感觸。
          and the way you feel involved with it.
                                                                               •	 購買藝術作品的地方?
          •	 Places to purchase artwork?                                       韋:最簡單直接的方法是在藝術博物館的紀念品
          F: It is easy, believe me! There are a lot of fantastic artworks     廊,有許多奇妙的藝術作品可供選購。當然他們
          for sale on every Museum of Art gift shop! (Okay, they are not       都不是原作,但他們的美學價值及創作目的足以
          originals, but they may still catch your attention and willing to    吸引你的注意,令你願意去收藏。一開始,你可
          keep them, due to their aesthetic value or purpose). You may         以單純地收藏名信片、海報、展覽的藝術作品的
          start purchasing simple postcards, posters, models of the ex-        模型(如瓷器、陶瓷、珠寶、絲巾或布料等等)
          hibited artworks (China, ceramics, jewelry, silk scarfs, drap-       。例如,在澳門藝術博物館你可以買到許多精美
          eries, you name it!). For instance, visit the Macau Museum of        的紀念品和有趣的物件!你不會後悔這些收藏,
          Art’s shop and you will have a lot of fantastic gifts and good       我保證!
          things to purchase! You will not regret the investment, I guar-      當然,你還可以從其他途徑購買到其他種類(或
          antee!                                                               更加昂貴)的藝術作品,就是直接向藝術家購
          Of course, there are other ways and places to purchase more          買。例如,你可以聯絡本地藝術家,他們經常都
          exclusive (and expensive) artworks: directly to the artists, for     很樂意在社區分享他們的藝術成果;或者你可以
          instance, by contacting local artists who are always willing to      接觸一些本地或國際的藝術畫廊。去一趟香港你
          share their work with the community, or by approaching local         就會發現更多!
          or international art galleries. Just go to Hong Kong and you
          will have a lot of choices!                                          •	 收藏及鑑賞藝術品的收獲?
                                                                               韋:我必須講明,我不是一個藝術收藏家,我只
          •	 What to get from collecting & appreciating art                    是一個單純的藝術熱愛者。因此,我緊隨著藝壇
                piece?                                                         的最新消息,留意藝術家正在創作的作品,欣賞
                                                                               正在舉行的展覽(在本地、香港或旅行時到訪的
          F: I need to do a “disclaimer”: I am not an art collector but a      國家)及藝術節。假如我碰到一件「觸動我心」
          (humble) art enthusiast. Thus, I follow the art scene, the ongo-     的藝術作品,多數是攝影作品、畫作或雕刻,我
          ing work of some artists which I had the chance to meet, the         會購買,當然是在價錢合理的前題下。我購買藝
          ongoing exhibitions (here, in HK, or abroad whenever I trav-         術品不是為了投資,也不是為了成為一個藝術品
          el), and also some Art Fairs. If there is an art piece, mostly pho-  商人(將來把作品轉售);相反,我出於作品的
          tography, or drawing/engraving, which “touches me”, I may try        「說話能力」而購買!好的藝術作品需要令你每
          to purchase it, of course if within a reasonable price range. I do   逢「看見」它時,都會告訴你一些東西!
          not buy artworks for investment or to become an art dealer (to
          sell to others in the future), but because they say something to     •	 藝術鑑賞對人格特質的影響?
          me! And good artworks have the capability to always tell you         韋:藝術鑑賞容易成為你生活的一部分。它會滿
          something new every time you “look” at them!                         足你對知識的欲望。因此,它可以幫助你成為心
                                                                               目中更好的自己!
          •	 Personal traits to be nourished in art appreciation?
          F: Art appreciation may easily be a part of your life. It may
          fulfill your intellectual expectations. As such, it may help you

17 becoming the good person you want to be!
   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24